You received your blood test result with a Glucose value of 131 mg/dL. This analysis helps you to check if your Glucose value is within normal range.
Your Glucose value of 131 mg/dL is way too high. A good Glucose is usually between 65 and 99 mg/dL.
Lower your Glucose by 32 mg/dL to be within normal range.
High blood glucose is also known as hyperglycemia. It occurs when the body does not use insulin effectively to maintain normal blood glucose levels. High blood glucose levels can by caused by these factors:
- Consuming a high amount of carbohydrates
- Lack of physical activity
- Reacting to certain medications
- Fluctuating hormone levels
People with consistently high blood glucose levels are diagnosed with diabetes.
Treatment & Medication
High blood glucose in diabetics is treated by:
- Working with a doctor to determine an appropriate level of exercise
- Working with a dietitian to determine an appropriate meal plan
- Working with a doctor to determine the most effective amount of insulin and when to take it
Blood glucose levels should be measured while fasting. "Postprandial" sugars taken two hours after eating should be less than 140 mg/dl.